The ‘Lincoln English Language Assessment’ (LELA) is designed to help students at the University of Lincoln whose first language is not English. This one-hour assessment will help us recommend the right level of in-sessional courses for you (Intermediate, Upper-intermediate or Advanced). Previous student feedback shows that students prefer to be in classes with peers of similar level, so this is why all students who wish to attend in-sessional courses are required to take this assessment.
Don’t worry, it’s not a pass or fail assessment and there is absolutely no need to study or revise beforehand. The LELA has 3 sections: Integrated Reading & Writing, Grammar and Listening.
LELA – Dates & Times
Date: Thursday 14 Feb
Time: 12.30 (please try to come a little bit early if you can)
Place: JUN0003 (Junxion building, ground floor)
to book a LELA session
To book a place on the session listed above, email email@example.com and provide:
- Your full name
- Your student ID no. (letters and numbers. E.g. XUX12345678).
- The date and time of the LELA session you want to attend from the list above
You will be sent a calendar invitation by email for your chosen LELA session with the location (room number) included. To confirm your booking, click ‘Accept’ and chose ‘Send the Response Now’. This will save your booking to your calendar.
Please note all emails, including the calendar invitation, will be sent to your student email address.
Frequently asked questions about the LELA
We know you will probably have lots of questions about the LELA, so we have provided a list of questions and answers to help you below.
To retake the LELA:
- You must be a returning student
- Your previous assessment result must be intermediate or upper intermediate
- Your LELA result must be at least one year old.
- Retaking the LELA again will help us assess whether you should continue at the same level of course, or progress to the next level.
If you have a question that is not answered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.