You can find answers to frequently asked questions about our drop-in service below.
• An academic assignment
• A covering letter
• Preparing for an academic interview
• Writing a personal statement
• And much more.
If you are not sure whether you are eligible for this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you.
For evening appointments (5:00pm – 7:00pm) go to the Student Wellbeing Centre (next to The Swan).
Inform staff on reception that you have a drop-in appointment with the English Language Centre and provide your Student ID card (or Student ID number) for them to check.
Tell the staff on reception that you have a drop-in appointment with the English Language Centre and provide your Student ID card (or Student ID number) for them to check.
• your assignment. You also need to highlight which 500 word section you want to focus on.
• your assignment brief/rubric/guidelines
Email both items to: email@example.com.
Try to do this 24 hours before your appointment; this will allow the teacher time to read your work before they see you.
You can bring a printed copy of your assignment on the day, but we strongly recommend that you send work to us before your appointment to get the most from this service.
Students are only permitted to book a total of 2 appointments per week to ensure every student has a fair chance of getting an appointment.
• full name (your given name and family name)
• student ID (letters and numbers)
• nationality (for statistical purposes only)
• level of study (undergraduate / postgraduate / PhD)
• main course Subject (e.g. MSc International Business)
• what you’d like help with
• how you heard about the drop-in service (also just for statistical purposes).