Our Workshops for October are now finished
We will advertise future workshops here once they have been planned.
- your full name
- your Student ID
- the name of the course
- the date and time of the lesson you are unable to attend.
Conditions for Authorised Absence
An authorised absence will only be granted if the email is received before the class starts.
Students can request a maximum of 2 authorised absences per course. Any further notifications of absence are appreciated but will not be authorised.
Unauthorised Absence and Removal from a Course
If you are absent for 2 consecutive lessons without prior notice, we will assume you no longer want to attend and your place will be cancelled and where possible, offered to another student.
We know that studying remotely is not always easy and we understand that your circumstances may be challenging.
However, it is important to observe some rules to ensure that the lessons run smoothly and everybody attending online classes benefits from the lessons.
Our tutors invest a considerable amount of time and effort in designing activities to support your learning. For these to be effective, we need your cooperation and commitment.
Please pay attention to these points:
- Make sure you attend classes on time.
- Be presentable (no pyjamas or party clothes).
- Test all technology (including camera/video, WiFi, and screen sharing) before class starts.
- Read any instructions issued and come prepared.
- We would like to see your face as this makes it easier for the teacher to check your understanding but if you are not able to do so, let the teacher know in advance.
- Mute your microphone if you are not speaking.
- Don’t interrupt other people when they are speaking (or attempt to speak over them).
- Don’t work on other tasks (checking email, social media, etc.) while the lesson is taking place.
- Turn off all notifications and make sure your mobile phone is on silent.
- Try not to leave the lesson before it finishes.
- If you are planning to attend only one part of the live session, please let your tutor know in advance. It is important for the tutor to know how many students there are in a session and if they will be there until the end. If you decide to leave before the end of the lesson, it is considered to be polite to let the tutor know immediately.
Please note there must be a minimum number of student registrations for each class in order for us to run these courses. If there are not enough students registered, courses may be cancelled. Students who have registered will be informed if the course is not running.
We aim to notify all students at least 24hrs in advance if a class has to be cancelled. However, in exceptional circumstances this might not be possible.
We are expecting large numbers of requests, so please be patient.
We will respond to your email as soon as possible.
We aim to respond to all requests within 2 working days, however during busy periods it may be longer.